[GRASS-dev] GRASS_ADDON_PATH in GRASS6.4 UbuntuOS

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Feb 4 10:31:57 EST 2010

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Franz Schiller wrote:

> Hello All
>
> Regarding a message that Hamish sent me a last  week ago, related with:
>> FWIW, I try to copy custom stuff into a dir outside the install
>> dir which is pointed to by the GRASS_ADDON_PATH environment
>> variable, that way I can replace & upgrade grass versions
>> without accidentally deleting all my custom scripts.
>> see the "variables" help page.
>
> I have added the following
> export GRASS_ADDON_PATH=/usr/local/myproject
> in  grass64 (file located in /usr/local/bin)

Perhaps you have added it after the call to Init.sh? It needs to be set
before Init.sh is run in order to be picked up.

Even easier though, would be to set it in your .profile file in your home
directory (create it if it's not there) - then it will always be set
whenever you start a new shell and there is no need to edit the GRASS
startup script. If you upgrade to a newer version of GRASS you won't
need to re-edit the startup script either. Or you could just specify it on
the command-line before starting GRASS; something like:
paul at haptimap:~/gis$ GRASS_ADDON_PATH=/usr/local/myproject grass64
should also work.

Best regards

Paul