[GRASS-dev] GRASS_ADDON_PATH in GRASS6.4 UbuntuOS

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 10 21:00:26 EST 2010

Kim wrote:
> ok but... I still can't run a script,
> through a wxpyhon frame, that is the ADDON_PATH. And in this
> case, $GRASS_ADDDON_PATH is recognized inside GRASS
> environment.
> My question is: is it possible to run a script,
> located in GRASS_ADDON_PATH, by using a wxpython frame?

In testing the r.out.gmt addon with 6.4/6.5/7 for me it all works fine.
Are you working with a python script or a shell script?

I do see a few bits of weirdness:

tab gets stalled and won't cycle through the elements. shift-tab
doesn't work to go in reverse.

from the command line:
  'g.module opt1=a optb=2 --ui' opens the module GUI window but does
not pre-seed the values you gave it on the command line as it will in
the TclTk module GUI. This is a bit of a problem as some menu items will
e.g. automatically set the non-interactive flag of a module. plus it's
a nice feature if you get half way through composing a command and forget
what the next option is called.

If I try the d.mark addon in 6.4/6.5 when I hit [Run] it works, but then
it never returns. (d.mark is just a wrapper for d.graph) Gotta click
the "x" in the window corner to close it.

> Because It seems that I'm not the only one...
> Or is there a way do debug this in order to sent to
> the mailing list?

I think we're just going to have to replicate it. Can you get it to fail
using any of the standard modules from the grass-addons svn repo?

Hamish