[GRASS-dev] v.voronoi bug?

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Feb 15 22:01:33 EST 2010

it was my impression that the previously reported bugs in v.voronoi were fixed - I checked the tracker and I don't see any related opened bug report. However, in 64 and 65 (compiled few days ago) I am still getting lines across the region in polygon result and holes in the raster generated from those polygons:

http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/voronoibug_rast.png
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/voronoibug_poly.png

this has been generated using the nc_spm like this
http://courses.ncsu.edu/mea582/lec/001/GIS_anal_grass/GIS_Anal_grinterp1.html

the results from the contour points have the same problem with lines, but no holes
in the raster, so it looks like the holes are due to points that are close to each other and
the polygons are then not built and converted properly.

I don't think this is critical for the release, but should I file bug report to keep tract of it or is
this me making a mistake somewhere?

v.delaunay results look OK but I am not sure what they would be used for without the z-values.
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/delaunay_poly.png
I remember that there was some effort to get the z-values added to create a 3D vector
but I could not find anything in add ons - maybe I am missing something?

Helena