[GRASS-dev] Some string not translated in wxGUI

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 17 16:42:59 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
>> Looking around I found other .py files lacking the gettext stuff.
>> What's the right way to do it? Add everywhere or is there a better way?
>> Or can it be inherited from globalvar.py or another file?
>
> For any process, the __main__ module (the one which is executed rather
> than "import"ed) should call gettext.install. This inserts the "_"
> function into the global namespace.
>
> The call in wxgui.py should be sufficient for the GUI itself, but
> menuform.py also requires it for the case where it is executed from
> G_gui().
>
> IOW, any module which uses:
>
>        if __name__ == '__main__':
>
> (other than for debug/test/demonstration purposes) should call
> gettext.install within that section of code (calling it from the top
> level is suboptimal, but probably harmless).

So, I would add it  after __main__ in:

svn status gui/wxpython/
M       gui/wxpython/gui_modules/location_wizard.py
M       gui/wxpython/gui_modules/mcalc_builder.py
M       gui/wxpython/gui_modules/render.py

? This would also activate preferences.py?
I am not on my development machine, so I cannot test.

Markus