[GRASS-dev] v.delaunay z-values, Google SoC wxnviz

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 12:43:32 EST 2010

Hi,

2010/2/20 Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>:

[...]

>> Going back to nviz - Google SoC has been announced, I lost track where it stands now
>> but I am wondering whether we should set up 2010 topics wiki and
>> give wxnviz some priority, if Martin would be willing to mentor it.
>> We (me and a group of students here) can certainly help to test, develop manual/help pages
>> and maybe even do some programming to help get it moving to replace nviz
>> which has many things broken or working only partially (points with attributes, file sequencing tool,
>> isosurfaces, etc ).
>
> I agree. The recent wxPython updates I submitted fix a number of minor interface issues, and the current iteration should be working well now. What is needed are:

I would be happy to see wxNviz to be improved in the frame of Google
SoC. I have no problem to be a mentor. In the worst case when nobody
is interested I have still possibility to participate in this program
as a student and to continue in wxNviz development (I am still
studying for my PhD).

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa