[GRASS-dev] grass7 on mac OSX

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 04:16:46 EDT 2010

Il giorno 02/giu/2010, alle ore 04.54, Glynn Clements ha scritto:

> Barton Michael wrote:
>
>> I just compiled GRASS 7 a couple days ago, before leaving for Spain. Wx
>> digitizer and nviz don't compile.
>
> The gui/wxpython/nviz directory is no longer built; it has been
> superseded by gui/wxpython/gui_modules/wxnviz.py.
>
> The ctypes/SWIG changes don't touch the vdigit module.
>
>> Also others can't even open my
>> binaries.
>>
>> Is there a new configure switch for ctypes?
>
> No. I added a local copy of ctypesgen to the source tree, so there are
> no external dependencies.
>
> ctypes itself is part of the standard library in Python 2.5 and 2.6.

This means that also on OSX we don't need to install external libraries beacouse WxPython, Ctype are included in the system Python
and Ctypsgen is included in the Grass source  (hence i don't have to install it as suggested in the preciouse mails)
At this point i'm without any clue on how to debug the grass7.0 problems on OSX.
I tried installing a new version of Python but unlucky it fails to build the gui (maybe beacouse i'm using wx2.9, see my previouse mail)

i tried to compile grass using python.framework this time,
but seems it find only python2.61 (system python)
i treid to change grass.sh script .. but without lucky
so i chosed to build without .app generation
the results is :

error in wx gui build (i'm using wx-cocoa)
log :
http://www.geofemengineering.it/data/grass_wxgui_log.txt

while start grass in text mode, again  grass.lib is not avaiable as grass.python module
(i have tried with (installed manually from svn) and without ctypesgen (using the version included in grass))

Have you any suggestion like
"add a print statment in the source code file X at line Y "
to try to see where the problem begins ?