[GRASS-dev] grass7 on mac OSX

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Sun Jun 6 12:39:47 EDT 2010

wxnviz still does not run on Mac - this is what I get:

To compile I have to run make in gui/wxpython
(errors in nviz, xganim and wximgview I ignore)

I start in text mode and then run
g.gui wx &

which opens the GUI (works fine for 2D display)
but upon opening the gui I get the warnings listed below.
After displaying a raster elevation, switching to 3D view opens the wxnviz GUI
and the map display says

"Please wait, loading data...

and stalls

after switching to 2D view and back to 3D view the display splits into two sections,
showing the 2D view but the 3D view is empty

and the following error appears in the shell
Sun Jun  6 11:51:41 cpe-076-182-075-158.nc.res.rr.com pythonw2.6[3914] <Error>: CGContextRestoreGState: invalid context 0x0
Also the GUI keeps the wxnviz pannel on top of Map layers pannel so although you can add maps for 2D display you don't really see what you are doing.

r.sim.water now runs OK on Mac, thanks Glynn - perhaps the fix could be backported to GRASS65?

Helena