[GRASS-dev] Re: [SAC] Meeting Minutes

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jun 11 02:20:36 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 8:09 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> ps- continue this over at grass-dev, but re CMS for Grass I saw
> www.lyx.org the other day and thought it looked good for our
> 'portal' front page needs. Aesthics are not too austere flat
> text like trac wiki, not too blog or wiki like either. Actually
> it uses PmWiki but the visitors don't know that, the login
> button is very subtle. and they kept notes!
>  http://www.lyx.org/SiteDocumentation
>  http://www.pmwiki.org
> convert html -> pmwiki
>  libhtml-wikiconverter-pmwiki-perl

Yes, looks nice.

> No idea how it's stored on disk (eg if you can ues unix command
> line power tools to bulk maintain pages) but it seems to me that
> the home-portal doesn't really need to run more than about a
> dozen pages of content- it's just a front end reception service.

Right.

Another nice one is
http://www.geotools.org/

made with Sphinx (aaime gave me "permission" via IRC to steal the layout :-).

Re Drupal: Wolf told me that having a GRASS Drupal site is no
tech problem for SAC since they use a multisite installation on
a new VM. So Drupal is obviously another possibility but hard to
mirror (of we still need that).

Markus