[GRASS-dev] GRASS6.4 Ptyhon scripts- module

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jun 23 15:47:11 EDT 2010

António Rocha wrote:

>  > 6.4 has the Python modules, but the build system doesn't support
>  > Python scripts (it doesn't set PYTHONPATH when executing commands).
>
> What does this means? That I won't be able to run Python Scripts in 6.4?

You can run a Python script once you've managed to install it, but you
can't just drop it into the source tree, as the 6.x build system
doesn't support Python scripts.

>  > You will need to modify the definition of htmldesc in
>  > include/Make/Html.make to set PYTHONPATH to include
>  > $(GISBASE)/etc/python (making it work on Windows isn't
>  > straightforward, so I don't expect it to change in 6.x).
>
> This means that now htmldesc becomes this?
> htmldesc = \
>    GISRC=$(RUN_GISRC) \
>    GISBASE=$(RUN_GISBASE) \
>    PATH="$(BIN):$$PATH" \
>        PYTHONPATH= "$(GISBASE)/etc/python" \
>
> $(LD_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR)="$(BIN):$(ARCH_LIBDIR):$($(LD_LIBRARY_PATH_VAR))" \
>    LC_ALL=C $(1) --html-description < /dev/null | grep -v
> '</body>\|</html>' > $(PGM).tmp.html ; true

Other than the formatting, that looks about right for Unix, provided
that PYTHONPATH was empty to start with. For Windows, you need to
convert the path to Windows' syntax.