[GRASS-dev] no grass 6 programmers manual in PDF

Mohammed Rashad rashadkm at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 06:40:47 EST 2010

________________________________
From: Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>
To: Mohammed Rashad <rashadkm at yahoo.com>
Cc: GRASS developers list <grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org>
Sent: Sun, March 7, 2010 5:59:13 PM
Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] no grass 6 programmers manual in PDF

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Mohammed Rashad <rashadkm at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot build grass programmer's manual in PDF format from grass 6.4.0svn.
> only html manual is available in the online site.
> http://download.osgeo.org/grass/grass6_progman_pdf/ .
>
> anyone please post link/upload the pdf file if you have it.

Currently there is none - the problem is that the build process fails on the
GRASS server and I don't understand why.

Can you successfully build it on your local machine with
make pdfdocs
?

make pdfdocs gives error
~/grass64_release/lib/db/latex$ make
rm -f *.ps *.dvi *.aux *.toc *.idx *.ind *.ilg *.log *.out refman.pdf
pdflatex refman.tex
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (Web2C 7.5.6)
 %&-line parsing enabled.
entering extended mode
(./refman.tex
LaTeX2e <2005/12/01>
Babel <v3.8h> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang, noh
yphenation, loaded.

make: *** [refman.pdf] Error 1
~/grass64_release/lib/db/latex$

if u can build on local system please upload on web

Markus