[GRASS-dev] wxGUI problems in 65 and 7

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Thu May 13 07:23:04 EDT 2010

I can't save the display to graphics file in grass65 and grass7, error
message appears only when closing wxGUI, not when hitting OK:

(python:18571): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_draw_drawable: assertion
`GDK_IS_DRAWABLE (drawable)' failed

works fine in grass64, and worked fine before in grass65 and grass7
(some weeks ago, can't remember the revision)

The windows position is no longer properly restored when opening
wxGUI. Maybe that has something to do with my dual screen setup, so I
tried all combinations of display on one monitor, layer manager on the
other monitor, display and layer manager on first monitor, display and
layer manager on second monitor, always save in preferences, restart
grass and gui. The windows are never there where they are supposed to
be. Weird is that if both are supposed to be on the same monitor, one
is placed on one monitor, the other on the other monitor. The position
of the layer manager is fairly arbitrary. Vice versa, if both are
supposed to be on different monitors, they end up on the same monitor.
Again, the position of the layer manager is not just shifted to the
other monitor, it's fairly arbitrary.