[GRASS-dev] 6.4.0 blocker bugs

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri May 14 10:12:54 EDT 2010

Hi,

2010/5/14 Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> I have tried to generate a new vector map with the new digitizer, but it fails:
>
> This is still the case.
>
> GRASS 6.4: A Python problem appears when generating a new vector map in
> the digitizer (Start digitizer, new map, enter name, OK):
>
> ----------
> Unable to initialize display driver of vector digitizer. See 'Command
> output' for details.
>
> Details: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'OpenMap' ()
> ----------
>

> GRASS 6.5: A different Python problem appears when generating a new vector map
> in the digitizer (Start digitizer, new map, enter name, OK):
>
> ----------
> Unable to initialize display driver of vector digitizer. See 'Command
> output' for details.
>
> Reason: message=_("Unable to initialize display driver of vector "
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/home/neteler/grass65/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/toolbars.py",
> line 1123, in StartEditing
>    message=_("Unable to initialize display driver of vector "
> DigitError: <unprintable DigitError object>

both issues are related to the same thing - bloody swig you are using
for compiling vdigit extension compared to the swig version used for
wxpython packaging. On my system everything works with swig 1.3.36.

Not sure when it will be fixed (me - not first item in my TODO list /
nobody else probably interested to fix it). Anyway there is chance for
6.4.1.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa