[GRASS-dev] no digitizing for Macs

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Tue Oct 19 13:52:06 EDT 2010

AFAICT, there is still no resolution for the lack of digitizing for any current/development GRASS version for Macs. The TclTk digitizer does not work because of a bug in key mapping. There is no right click and the new mice from Apple do not have middle buttons. Mapping a double click for line/polygon closing and mapping option-click for middle button clicking would solve this.

I was able to compile the new wxPython digitizer up through 10 September, but cannot do so with the current version. That is, it compiles but does not work. So at the moment there is no functional digitizer for any current Mac version of GRASS. I hope this can be resolved in one way or the other soon.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671(SHESC), 480-727-0709 (CSDC)
www: 	http://csdc.asu.edu, http://shesc.asu.edu
		http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton