[GRASS-dev] Shared library

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Oct 22 14:27:39 EDT 2010

Pedro Roma wrote:

> I'm developing a C module in GRASS 6.4 and I have a couple of questions.
> Mainly, I have developed a lib (libmaximizemin) that is used by my model (or
> it should be). What I wanted to know is:
> 1- In which folder shall i place my *.so file? in GRASS/Lib ?
> 2- in my module makefile, in LIBES can I had my lib (e.g. -maximimizemin)
> 3- TO be used by my module, do I need anuything else?

If the library is only going to be used by one module, there isn't
much point in making it a shared library.

If it's going to be used by multiple modules, you should add
appropriate *_LIBNAME, *LIB and *DEP variables to Grass.make.in. The
Makefile for the library should follow the same structure as for any
other library.