[GRASS-dev] wx.class

Mohammed Rashad mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:34:49 EDT 2010

Hi all,

     I had just created a wx version of i.class module which generates
spectral signatures for an image by allowing the user to outline regions of
interest. The resulting signature file can be used as input for i.maxlik or
as a seed signature file for i.cluster.

Actual i.class module requires Xterm and work only in systems having Xserver
installed. I created python version of i.class which works on all platform.
Now windows users can use i.class module.

Currently development is in beta stage. wx.class is tested and works only
for NC dataset available from grassbook.org site.
It uses wxpython paintDC to draw histograms which must be changed to use
python-matplotlib for drawing smooth histograms as the output needed to be.

I dont want to add a new dependency to grass as other developers but I am
forced to do :(

current wx.class doesn't need any other dependencies. The needs some cleanup
but as I am busy with some other works related to GRASS I don't have much
time to spend on cleaning up the code. But within a month or to you can have
the fully functional wx.class.

Now I am hosting to GRASS-Addons repo because the code needs
testing...(although needs some cleanup)

A README is included with source which shows how to use the module. But
wx.class is made to be user-friendly.

Any comments or suggestions are really welcomed :)

--
Rashad