[GRASS-dev] ctypes not working in 6.x, differences between 6.x and 7.0

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 18 06:57:38 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2011/4/18 Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com>:
>>> right, I would be happy to backport GRASS 7 Makefile system to GRASS
>>> 6. It would solve most of problems, make backporting easier. We just
>>> need to extend Makefile system in GRASS 7 to support Bash scripts.
>>> What do you think about that?
>>>
>> "just" ? I remember Glynn had objections against both python and shell
>> script support in the Makefile system.
>
> AFAIR Glynn noted that it would be a little bit hard or tricky, but
> possible (?) Anyway I think that Makefile system in GRASS 7 should
> support at least Bash scripts (beside default Python).

Hm, that is a discussion about the scripting language being used in
trunk/scripts. But then why where all these shell scripts converted to
python? Anyway, I am happily using my own shell scripts with GRASS 7,
IOW, for GRASS 7 I do not see a need to support shell scripts in the
Makefile system, apart from shell scripts in addons that can not
easily be installed via g.extension, although manually copying them to
the script folder of the GRASS 7 installation works (for me).

Markus M