[GRASS-dev] trunk r47474 breaks OGSF rendering of points on surface

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 11:14:38 EDT 2011

Hello,
comments inline.

2011/8/17 Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> 2011/8/16 Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com>:
>> After r47474 in trunk OGSF incorrectly renders points on surface with
>> any symbol except X. Z values of points seem to be messed up.
>
> this commit affect mostly lines, not points.
gpd.c

>> Steps to reproduce:
>> 1) nviz elev=elevation.dem point=bugsites
>> 2) Visualize->Vector points->Icon type and change from sphere to X and back.
>>
>> martinl, please fix this.
>
> it works for me (speaking about trunk). Can anyone reproduce this
> behaviour. Also note that nviz is going to be removed from trunk when
> wxNviz will be completed (I hope soon).
If You can give me some info how to test it without nviz, I will do that.

I tested with nviz_cmd too and it shows similar issue, still it's not
that easy to get good angle to make issue good to observe.

nviz_cmd elevation_map=,elevation.dem at PERMANENT
vpoint=,archsites at PERMANENT position=0.24,0.2 height=484
perspective=25 output=tests format=ppm size=640,480

Interesting bit - when changing height parameter some points "jump
around" on Z axis, still not when run under valgrind. (Is it OK to
call gpd_obj before viewcell_tri_interp?)

> Martin

Maris.