[GRASS-dev] wxNviz toolbar

Anna Kratochvílová kratochanna at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:26:32 EDT 2011

Hi,

I would like to ask you what do you think about the wxNviz toolbar and
its placement. Toolbar consists of two parts - one part controls
current page (like surface data) in Layer Manager's 3D view tab. The
other part consists of tool for generating nviz_cmd command, settings
and quit 3D view.

Toolbar is now located in Map Display window. The main advantage is
that there is plenty of space for it. Problem is that it is actually
not related to Map Display, it mainly controls Layer Manager window.
So one option is to move this toolbar to Layer Manager window although
I think it's not the best solution. As you can see from the attached
screenshot, there would be too many toolbars. And the tools for
switching pages are quite pointless here I think. So this leads me to
the question: are these tools useful and if so than where should they
be located? Another option could be splitting the toolbar in those two
parts I mentioned above and one part can be located in Map Display and
the other in Layer Manager.

I would be glad if you tell me what do you think about this problem,
if I should change the toolbar somehow.

Thanks
Anna