[GRASS-dev] color tables for vector

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Aug 22 15:44:31 EDT 2011

Martin Landa wrote:

> There is one open issue. How to write color tables for vector maps
> which are not located in the current mapset. I was thinking about
> 'vector/<name>/colr2`, but it would require quite lot changes in
> gislib (at least in G__ls()) etc, the second option which came to my
> mind is 'vector2/<name>/colr2' as destination file for color table.
> What do you think?

I'd suggest using the same mechanism as for rasters, but with a
different top-level directory name, e.g. vcolr2/<mapset>/<name>.

OTOH, it may be better to replace this feature with "views", i.e. the
ability to create a new map which takes its data from some other map
but which can have its own metadata (colour table, etc).