[GRASS-dev] Create new branch from trunk for temporal GIS integration

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 23 05:12:05 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Soeren Gebbert
<soerengebbert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

>>> in this case I could imagine special branch but only for a short-term
>>> period, in other words merge to trunk ASAP.
>>
>> Soeren, would you be able to keep "your" branch in sync with the pace
>> of changes happening in trunk?
>
> Thats the idea, to have a temporary trunk for time integration being
> in sync with the main trunk. So the
> merge of the temporal extension into trunk will be much easier.

I had a private branch of trunk for more than a year when developing
and testing new vector topology. It was not always easy to keep it
working, although I only had to svn up to get in sync with the
official trunk. This is not so easy when creating a real branch of
trunk in svn. But if you feel more comfortable with a separate branch
for experimenting then do it. I wanted to warn, but of course will
assist you whatever your decision.

Markus M