[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #1158: Removing vector map in Windows fails with "Unable to delete vector map"

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 29 05:51:04 EDT 2011

#1158: Removing vector map in Windows fails with "Unable to delete vector map"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------+-
 Reporter:  lponti                                                        |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                                                        |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified                                                   |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------+-

Comment(by mmetz):

 Replying to [comment:42 mmetz]:
 > Replying to [comment:40 glynn]:
 > >
 > > Can you try modifying lib/db/dbmi_client/shutdown.c to use G_wait()
 instead of _cwait()? _cwait() is only defined as working with process IDs
 returned from the _spawn functions, which are no longer used.

 > Using G_wait() instead of _cwait() works for me in trunk with
 g.copy,g.remove and v.in.ogr. G_wait() is not available in 6.4, although
 in 6.4 the _spawn functions have been eliminated as well. Has r42668 been
 an incomplete backport to 6.4? G_wait() has been introduced in trunk with
 r40648, i.e. before the backport to 6.4.

 Oops, I mean mostly backported to 6.4 in r40644, bits and pieces of
 further changes in trunk backported to 6.4 in r40650, r40718, r42668. Is
 it safe to completely backport spawn.c from trunk to 6.x?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1158#comment:43>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>