[GRASS-dev] where to store GRASS settings: GISRC and wx settings

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 31 03:12:38 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Markus Metz
<markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Glynn Clements wrote:
>>
>> Personally, I'd just kill the 6.5 branch. If something is too major to
>> go into 6.4.x, it should be reserved for 7.0.
>>
> +1

I am also not quite sure about the need of the 6.5 branch?
For me it is sufficient to have 6.4 as production system and 7 as
experimental system.

Honestly, who's *using* it as a user?
Because: yes, it can (could?) be branch to be used for testing but
I actually don't know anyone who really uses 6.5 for work.
Please tell us if you use 6.5 for work to understand if this branch is
really needed.

Markus