[GRASS-dev] wxGUI: new packages layout

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 07:09:15 EST 2011

Hi Markus,

2011/12/2 Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:

[...]

>> I think
>> that this period is perfect for GUI modules reorganization also in
>> devbr6/relbr64. I would suggest the roadmap below:
>>
>> 1) within next days reorganize wxGUI modules in devbr6 based on the
>> layout from trunk
>
> You mean: shuffle files around but not new code from GRASS 7?
> that could be fine.

Exactly.

>> 2) stabilize wxGUI in devb6 within one-two weeks
>
> I guess it will be a bit more effectively...
>
>> 3) *after* releasing 6.4.2 backport new layout also to relbr64
>
> Question: how much to 6.4 and 6.5 differ *now*?

Differs a bit. Anyway there is a plan to backport wxGUI after
releasing 6.4.2  from `devbr6` to `relbr64`. This model is working
since 6.4.0. The wxGUI has been backported immediately after release,
first two months kept in sync with `devbr6` and next four months
backports limited only to bug-fixes - assuming half of year period for
new release. It keeps wxGUI up-to-date and stable for release.

Martin