[GRASS-dev] GRASS extensions/addons mismatch

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 17:48:46 EST 2011

Hi,

2011/12/21 Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>:
>> And you can add it to ~/.grass.bashrc
>> and have the shell script version of g.extension pick it up and use it.
>
> This is not really necessary if we use GRASS environmental variable.s

try r49907 (G7)

1) start GRASS
2) run `g.gisenv set=ADDON_PATH=~/bin/grass`
3) restart GRASS
4) GRASS_ADDON_PATH is defined by startup script `env | grep GRASS_ADDON_PATH`

Optionally you can still define GRASS_ADDON_PATH as environmental
variable manually.

Martin

PS: I have also implemented GRASS_ADDON_BASE which is used by
`g.extension` to install GRASS Addons. GRASS_ADDON_PATH should be used
for user scripts only.