[GRASS-dev] GRASS6.4.1 d.rast.arrow GUI version

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Sun Feb 6 18:16:18 EST 2011

I believe that there may still be a problem with d.rast.arrow when run from GUI
(it works fine with xmon)

when I set my computational region to 5x5 and clip my aspect and slope maps to 5x5 rows and columns
and display d.grid size=1 (blue lines) and show computational extent in the Map display (red)
and expect 5x5 arrows I get a green field like this
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/aspectarrows25.png

when I change the d.rast.arrow parameters to draw every 20th grid cell and scale it 10times
(even though I have only 5x5 raster)  I get this
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/aspectarrows25_skip20.png
(note that the direction and size of arrows in each cell is identical).

So it looks like d.rast.arrow is using the  display raster instead of the raster defined by g.region
to draw the arrows. When the display is bigger, I get more arrows:
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/asp_displaybig.png
the grey background is actually the grid drawn by d.rast.arrow so it is obvious that it is different
from the grid with size=1 as defined by computational region.

Is this the intended behavior?

d.rast.num does not do anything - perhaps it has the same problem?

Helena

P.S. I think somebody has asked this already - when I run d.rast.arrow through GUI the command
gets generated but it does not show up in the output window - how can I copy and save the command
(e.g. for putting into this email?)