[GRASS-dev] Re: GRASS Test suite

Soeren Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 4 04:52:10 EDT 2011

Hi all,

2011/7/4 Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> 2011/7/4 Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com>:
>>> I'm just looking at grass7/raster/r.colors/ and the test files
>>> really dominate the module dir.
>>
>> +1 from me on having a testsuite/ or tests/ subdir for each module.
>
> also +1 from me.

The directory layout has been discussed here:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Test-suite-for-GRASS-proposal-discussion-welcome-td6391218.html

I would suggest to either use reference_data/ subdir for each module,
so that the test scripts may stay in the module directory, not in a
subdirectory, or a testsuite/ subdir including all data?

I personally prefer a reference data subdir, to have a clear
separation of test case scripts and reference data. Otherwise the
reference data will dominate again and finding the test scripts is not
that obvious.

Best regards
Sören