[GRASS-dev] Re: ctypes problem with Vect_open_old

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 16:17:41 EDT 2011

Hi,

2011/2/4 Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:

>> > If this is happening when the ctypes wrappers and vector libraries are
>> > built at the same time, then we have a problem with our build system.
>> > If it's caused by mixing ctypes wrappers and vector libraries from
>> > different builds (e.g. PYTHONPATH pointing to a different version),
>> > then you need to prevent that.
>>
>> unfortunately not sure how to fix it. What solution would you suggest?
>
> I'd suggest determining which of the two cases above is actually
> occurring.
>
> Add some print statements to the Python script to determine what
> PYTHONPATH is set to, whether off_t is an alias for __off_t or
> __off64_t, etc.

I put

"""
print os.environ['PYTHONPATH']
print sizeof(off_t)
"""

before calling Vect_open_old() and into vector.py, here is the output

/usr/local/src/grass_trunk/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/etc/python
8
/usr/local/src/grass_trunk/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/etc/python
8
D1/5: Vect__open_old(): name = (null) mapset = (null) layer= (null) update = 0
Segmentation fault

Martin