[GRASS-dev] Weekly reports #7 wxNviz

Anna Kratochvílová kratochanna at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:35:24 EDT 2011

 Hi,

1) What do I have completed this week?

Problem with maps in latlon projection appeared. I changed some
sliders so that they can handle float values too.
There is still problem with lighting - some places on surface are
quite dim. I found no workaround for this.
I reused legend (d.legend) and textlabels from 2D mode for 3D mode (see [0]).

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?

I'm not sure about the scalebar, is the 2D scalebar appropriate for
perspective view?
I would rather use the simple scalbar in nviz but in this case, I need
to draw text in openGL.
I haven't tried yet but I'm afraid I would need help with it.
I will take a look at the view control to better understand what could
be done to improve it.

3) Is there any blocking issue?

Not really but unfortunately almost all easy things are done and
harder tasks are left.

Anna

[0] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/WxNviz_GSoC_2011#Week_8_.28July_18.29