[GRASS-dev] Re: testing in 6.5 before backporting to 6.4

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 16:27:52 EDT 2011

Hi all,

2011/6/17 Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>:
> The lack of manpower makes it even more important that all developers test any changes before committing--including backporting.

I guess there is no one who is against testing. The subjective point
of view is "how much" the committed changes are tested. It depends on
the contributor, what he/she is committing (core libs, modules, GUI),
release life cycle (speaking about stable releases), etc. There is no
measurement, I believe everyone is going her/his best. Even someone
can have different impression. The important issue is to have working
test suites (modules - thanks Soeren for good work, GUI, etc).

Martin