[GRASS-dev] GUI architecture in G7

Margherita Di Leo dileomargherita at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 09:47:11 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the architecture of the main wxGUI in G7. My aim
is to add "Network Modeling" in the Layer Manager menubar, under Layer
Manager -> Raster -> Hydrologic Modeling. I looked into [0], but clicking
"GUI" and "Interfaces" gives me "404 Not Found" error. So, I am trying to
figure out the architecture by tracking back the variable names, and
discovered that I probably should add the string "Network Modeling" in the
file file gui/wxpython/menustring.py but I still don't have clear where I
should add the third level menu, the event and the binding function ..  I
feel a bit lost.

Also, I don't understand where is located the wxGUI for each command. I
mean, for example typing r.watershed in the terminal raises the GUI.. where
is it written? I am sorry if I ask probably silly questions, but could
anyone kindly address me where I can learn more about that? So far I have
scripted just for grass 6.5 and it is fairly different to programming on G7,
so any hints are very welcome.
Thanks

madi

[0] http://grass.osgeo.org/programming7/index.html