[GRASS-dev] G3d library code review and raster lib tile approach

Soeren Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 30 14:16:06 EDT 2011

Hi all,
i have created a wiki page about the G3d library and related modules
code review:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/G3dLib

While surfing the wiki i found a section about the new rater library
using a tile based approach instead of row based:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/RasterLib#Corerasterformat

I have added some comments to the ideas with my knowledge of the G3d
library gained while code reviewing.

I would like to reactivate this topic and have some questions:
* Its there a time frame when the new raster tile approach will be implemented?
* Are there plans to merge the G3d library and the raster library?
* Can the G3d library be used as backend for tile storage in the
raster library (setting the z dimension to one)?

Best regards
Soeren