[GRASS-dev] 6.4.1 blockers and instalation sizes

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 05:24:06 EST 2011

Hi,

2011/3/1 Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com>:

> first - what's blocking 6.4.1 release? Windows packaging problems? We

windows packaging and some wxGUI issues (legend, etc). reported by
Michael and Helena. There will be at least one RC before final
release.

> must release 6.4.1 before next QGIS release, as current QGIS version

I would not use word 'must' on this place ;-)

> is shipping with 6.4.0 and on my Vista system it fails to launch new
> WX GUI. It's just a bad user experience.
>
> Second - I was comparing QGIS and GRASS directory sizes in Windows:
> Quantum GIS Copiapo: 445 MB (467 505 152 bytes)
> WinGRASS-6.4.1RC1-1-Setup installed: 455 MB (477 519 872 bytes)
> How is possible that QGIS with GRASS takes less space than GRASS on
> it's own?!? Where we lose at least 50Mb?

Note that native installer contains complete msys environment, python,
etc. It's possible that native installer ships also some extra not
needed stuff. Volunteers who determine which files could be removed
from the installer are welcomed.

Martin