[GRASS-dev] 6.4.1 blockers and instalation sizes

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue Mar 1 16:36:18 EST 2011

Glynn Clements:
>Martin Landa wrote:
>
>> Note that native installer contains complete msys environment, python,
>> etc. It's possible that native installer ships also some extra not
>> needed stuff. Volunteers who determine which files could be removed
>> from the installer are welcomed.
>
>Removing Python and replacing it with a script which points the user's
>web browser at [http://www.python.org/download/] would be a good start.
>Apart from reducing the size, the user would also be able to run
>Python scripts (rather than just the GUI).

see http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1282
as a possible starting point.

I have C:\Python25, C:\Python26 here on my laptop already installed by ArcGIS10 and other software.
So I wonder how could this be handled that nothing is messed up.

best regards
Helmut

Schon gehört? WEB.DE hat einen genialen Phishing-Filter in die
Toolbar eingebaut! http://produkte.web.de/go/toolbar