[GRASS-dev] parsing file paths in GRASS Scripts- Windows OS

katrin eggert katrineggert1980 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 17:26:53 EST 2011

Greetings

Everytime I try to run a Python Script in Windows, when I need to insert a
file path (e.g. D:\testing_ground) I need to change the \ for /. Of course
this is not a problem for me but since I'm trying to put all my colleagues
(40s-50 years old colleagues) from my bureau using GRASS and using these
scripts this is being a problem. They refuse to use it since they will need
to get use to a lot of things (which after a few training sessions Its OK)
and they complain with a few things and  one of those is this one- File
paths are not working on Scripts in Windows. So, I would like to do an
efffort to solve this problem and, in this case, contribuuting to ther
WinGRASS community.
Has anyone has a tip on how to solve this problem? because It does not
recognize the "/" so this character does not even enter in Python Scripts.
before It starts to run the python scripts it«s deleted which is a problem?

Any tips or ideas?

Thanks

Katrin