[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #1044: Crash on startup directly after install Grass-64 6.4 RC6 (Latest non-developmental build)

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed Mar 9 17:20:41 EST 2011

#1044: Crash on startup directly after install Grass-64 6.4 RC6 (Latest non-
developmental build)
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  jbdynamics  |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect      |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-64      |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------

Comment(by hellik):

 Replying to [ticket:1044 jbdynamics]:
 > Debug information from console for GRASS 6.4.0 RC6 x64:
 >
 > # Begin Shell output
 >
 > Cleaning up temporary files ...
 > Starting GRASS ...
 > Traceback (most recent call last):
 >   File "e:/GRASS-64/etc/wxpython/gis_set.py", line 863, in <module>
 >     import gui_modules.gcmd as gcmd
 >   File
 "c:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-6.4.0RC6\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\gcmd.py",
 line 43, in <module>
 > ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be
 found.
 > Error in GUI startup. If necessary, please
 > Switching to text mode now.
 >
 > # end shell output
 >
 > # begin Windows error pop-up window
 >
 > GUI Window says: python.exe - Entry Point Not Found
 > "The procedure entry point
 > ?PyWinObject_AsHANDLE@@YAHPAU_object@@PAPAX at Z could not be located in
 the dynamic link library pywintypes25.dll."

 > # end pop-up window output
 >
 > I do have Python 2.6 x86_64 installed on my Vista x64 Ultimate
 workstation, I do not know if that makes a difference. I also have cygwin
 (latest with almost every library in the Path environmental var), MinGW32
 and 64 in the Path var. I do not know if that makes any difference, but I
 wanted to give all the possible installs that could be interfering with
 GRASS. Last note is that the TCL/TK GUI works great.

 closing the ticket?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1044#comment:2>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>