[GRASS-dev] parsing file paths in GRASS Scripts- Windows OS

katrin eggert katrineggert1980 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 12:22:50 EST 2011

Hello Glynn
First, Thanks for your attention and reply

> > Everytime I try to run a Python Script in Windows, when I need to insert
> > file path (e.g. D:\testing_ground) I need to change the \ for /.
>
> In what context?
>
> For instance imagine that I have a python script called r.landsat.py that
imports landsat images and do some basic processing. In this case, Landsat
file path must be with '/' instead of '\'. I know that it«s a simple thing
but my bunch of colleagues (old people and used to "easy" tools) are
complaining about this because we have built a script and we need to run it
a couple of times. I know that the same thing happens with GRASS Bash
Scripts.

Yes, I have understand about the '\'.

I believe that this is a problem before Python Scripts starts running. I
think that this would improve winGRASS usability

Thanks
Kat