[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #1324: DebCheck QA: Undefined behaviour- variable is used wrong in call to sprintf or snprintf

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Mar 19 19:09:02 EDT 2011

#1324: DebCheck QA: Undefined behaviour- variable is used wrong in call to sprintf
or snprintf
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  hamish                                                                                               |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                                                                                               |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified                                                                                          |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Changes (by hamish):

  * keywords:  d.barscale, d.text.new, d.vect, d.zoom, lib/symbol/read.c,
lib/vector/Vlib/dbcolumns.c, v.digit, v.external =>
               d.barscale, d.text.new, d.vect, d.zoom,
               lib/symbol/read.c,
               lib/vector/Vlib/dbcolumns.c, v.external

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:1 marisn]:
 > Hamish your bug report is useless, as many of those places are already
 fixed.

 Not useless, just slightly out of date (c. Sept 2010). Most of the
 problems identified in the overall check are still in the code.

 Please note which ones have been fixed so we can cross them off the list.

 thanks for fixing v.digit/i_face.c:
 > https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/44984

 how far down the list did you get?

 > When doing code quality analysis, please, use most recent code version.

 I simply pass on the latest results from the Debian system; I had checked
 for a newer analysis from the Debian/unstable repo but that hasn't been
 run yet. Manually running the cppcheck program ourselves means we could
 run it against grass/trunk- feel free to do that if you like.

 Hamish

 ps- positive energy is contagious, as is negative energy. But positive
 energy pulls volunteers in while negative energy drives volunteers away.
 Suggestions for improvements and pointing out mistakes are always welcome,
 but being rude kills motivation.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1324#comment:2>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>