[GRASS-dev] text interface for GRASS70

Pierre Roudier pierre.roudier at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 20:22:02 EDT 2011

Hi,

I just compiled grass7-svn (revision 45721) on my server, but I can't
initiate any mapset:

pierrer at grass:~$ grass70 -text
Unable to start GRASS. You can:
 - Launch GRASS with '-gui' switch (`grass70 -gui`)
 - Create manually GISRC file (/home/pierrer/.grass7/rc)
 - Launch GRASS with path to the location/mapset as an argument
(`grass70 /path/to/location/mapset`)

It is a remote machine without X, so I can't really use the graphical
way. For the other options, I understand I should have a location +
mapset already on my server (which is not the case).

I could certainly copy one of my local projects on the server bu I was
wondering if that was a bug of the text interface. I understand this
is related to this bug:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/GRASS-7-CLI-startup-td5923640.html

Cheers,

Pierre