[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-SVN] r45737 - grass/trunk/gui/images

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 17:31:07 EDT 2011

Hi,

2011/3/23 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
> Martin wrote:
>> any reason??
>
> of course :)
>
>> it has been replaced by grass_splash.png.
>
> I realize grass_splash.png and the .xcf source is there too, but
> this one even is more, how shall I say... original source.
>
> it is kept as a source image, same reason as why I added it in
> the first place, even though unused (except as a source img) --
>  * has been PNG optimized for file size (faster load times)
>  * name reflects the obscure map source

"obscure"? :-) It's just very near where I am leaving - in central
Europe (bearing in mind also history of mapping and cartography -
Austrian Monarchy) [1].

>  * svn history contains links to history of the map
>  * don't care for those reasons? no matter, it doesn't hurt
>   anything to leave it alone, and I'd ask to keep it if only
>   for historical interest.

sorry, I don't care or better to say I haven't so much time to explain
whether I have or have not some kind of interested. So I will without
any problem

* rename grass_splash.xcf to silesia_splash.xcf
* remove grass_splash.png

[...]

Martin

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silesia