[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #1310: Browse button in WxPython GUIs (for scripts) does not provide a correct file path for WinGRAS

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Mar 26 16:21:09 EDT 2011

#1310: Browse button in WxPython GUIs (for scripts) does not provide a correct
file path for WinGRAS
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  katrineggert1980  |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect            |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified       |
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------

Comment(by martinl):

 Replying to [comment:9 hellik]:
 {{{
 > katrin eggert wrote:
 >
 > > Just a preliminary note: This error is reported here:
 > > http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2011-March/053774.html
 > >
 > > I saw that Glynn sugeste this a couple of months ago:
 > > http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2010-October/052396.html
 > >
 > > Can this be an option to solve this problem? Can anyone give a few
 tips on
 > > this? (just to try and test it)
 >
 > Right. Currently, 6.5 has utils.split(), which handles Windows
 > filenames, but much of the wx GUI is still using shlex.split()
 > directly.
 >
 > Feel free to replace all occurrences of shlex.split() with
 > utils.split() in your local copy. Also, open a bug report (if there
 > isn't already one for this issue).
 }}}

 done in r45770 (devbr6) and r45771 (trunk). Testing welcomed.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1310#comment:11>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>