[GRASS-dev] Re: [Qgis-developer] Re: Value tool plugin makes QGIS crash

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 03:38:38 EDT 2011

Radim wrote:
> If there are 10 maps open in QGIS, it starts 10000 executables
> in about 1 second. That is probably a bit slow.

maybe a little :)

I do not suggest this as a correct solution, but fyi r.what can
take multiple input maps in a single call. It can also take
multiple input coords in a single call, so you can at least
queue you queries into bigger sized chunks if you like, which
would ease the pain a little.

as a long term solution, would a from-scratch LGPL native GDAL
driver help? ... Possible Summer of Code project for someone?

Hamish