[GRASS-dev] GSOC: ideas

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Wed Mar 30 18:44:26 EDT 2011

Hi Luca,
Glad to hear you are thinking of applying :).

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 13:23, Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) from the GRASS GSOC ideas WMS and/or TiledMapService and/or WMS-T
> layer support, is there someone interested to do the mentor?

I like this idea, and would be interested in metoring, but I might be a bit
busy during the summer, so I'd like to have a co-mentor, if possible.
Especially the WMS / WMS-T parts.

> what do you think is more useful / interesting for GRASS project?

Isn't MODIS already supported via GDAL? In general I at least feel that it
would be interesting to have support for the OGC standards (WMS, WFS and
possibly others) in GRASS, but I also feel that it is important to have good
support for important data types. Looking forward to reading your
application(s)!

--Wolf