[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #1158: Removing vector map in Windows fails with "Unable to delete vector map"

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Thu May 12 04:55:48 EDT 2011

#1158: Removing vector map in Windows fails with "Unable to delete vector map"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------+-
 Reporter:  lponti                                                        |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect                                                        |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified                                                   |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------+-

Comment(by mmetz):

 Replying to [comment:34 glynn]:
 > Replying to [comment:30 mmetz]:
 >
 > > > I know that they '''shouldn't''' be open, but are they? See
 comment:3.

 > > OK. I suggest Vect!__open_old() and Vect_open_new() should initialize
 all file pointers to NULL and Vect_close() should close anything that is
 not NULL.

 > That won't help if the problem is being caused by the DBMI driver
 inheriting the descriptor and not terminating before the file is deleted.
 I don't know if this is what's causing the problem, but there appear to be
 cases where it can happen.

 The DBMI driver, at least the way it is called by Vect_delete(), does not
 inherit any file pointers, it gets only the names of the driver, database,
 and table.

 The only two file pointers in the map_info structure are those for the
 hist and the coor file, and so far only these two files gave problems, but
 not dbln, cidx, sidx, topo. Coincidence? Vect_close() does indeed close
 the file pointers for hist and coor, I tested.

 > > Unfortunately, G_zero() does not set all contents of the Map_info
 structure to 0 or NULL

 > How come?

 Can't reproduce any more, please ignore.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1158#comment:35>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>