[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-SVN] r49122 - grass/branches/develbranch_6/include/Make

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 02:38:53 EST 2011

Hamish:
> > yeah but the change before it most probably just broke *all* man page
> > building for a regular fresh full build(!)... (I didn't try, but it is
> > wrong, so "probably"..)

Martin:
> of course I have tried that before I committed this change,
> nothing was broken!

shrug. did you distclean?

$(MODULE_TOPDIR)/tools/g.html2man when MODULE_TOPDIR="." as in the case
of a regular build points to a directory not a script.  can't be executed.

--unless you override the MODULE_TOPDIR setting like g.extension does.

> BTW, similar change has been done in trunk few months ago,
> nobody complained till now.

g.html2man.py in trunk is installed in a completely different manner
and coded to run from a different directory variable. they're not really
comparable.

> As result g.extension *doesn't* work again, as I said.

only when grass was run from $source/dist.x86../.  For users who had
run 'make install' or installed from a package it should have been ok.

> No time to fix it again, I will leave it for you.

try r49126. (devbr6)

regards,
Hamish