[GRASS-dev] Re: wxGUI: new packages layout

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 03:25:41 EST 2011

Hi,

2011/11/10 Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com>:
>> probably I would replace `modules` with something more appropriate.
>> `Modules` doesn't not mean python modules in this sense. What about
>> `components` or ...?
>
> Why not keep the name `gui_modules`? There would not be regular python
> modules, but gui-specific modules (ps.map interface, map calculator,
> georectifier, v.clean interface, import guis etc).

I think it's not important to stress word `gui` in the `modules` name.
It's located in `*gui*/wxpython`, I think it's quite clear that they
are the gui modules. There are other packages with gui modules like
`lmgr` or `mapdisp` which are related to the core component of the
wxGUI. The `modules` should stress that there are non-core gui modules
formed as packages. These packages (eg. `vdigit`) implements given
wxGUI component like vector digitizer or georectifier. That was the
main reason why I suggested `components` or something similar as a
name for this directory (or package).

Martin