[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-GUI] how i can change the watershed analysis technique?

Mohammed Rashad mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 08:47:08 EST 2011

you run from grass shell
r.watershed --interface-description 2> gui.xml
open gui.xml in an text editor. parse the xml using some xml parsers i use
pugixml and then create your own gui.
you can also make a standalone application if you link your application
with libgrass* libraries

please see below your required xml output genreated by r.watershed
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE task SYSTEM "grass-interface.dtd">
<task name="r.watershed">
<description>
Watershed basin analysis program.
 </description>
<keywords>
raster
 </keywords>
<parameter name="elevation" type="string" required="yes" multiple="no">
 <description>
Input map: elevation on which entire analysis is based
 </description>
<keydesc>
<item order="1">name</item>
 </keydesc>
<gisprompt age="old" element="cell" prompt="raster" />
 <guisection>
Input_options
</guisection>
 </parameter>
<parameter name="depression" type="string" required="no" multiple="no">
 <description>
Input map: locations of real depressions
</description>
 <keydesc>
<item order="1">name</item>
</keydesc>
 <gisprompt age="old" element="cell" prompt="raster" />
<guisection>
 Input_options
</guisection>
</parameter>
 <parameter name="flow" type="string" required="no" multiple="no">
<description>
 Input map: amount of overland flow per cell
</description>
<keydesc>
 <item order="1">name</item>
</keydesc>
<gisprompt age="old" element="cell" prompt="raster" />
 <guisection>
Input_options
</guisection>
 </parameter>
<parameter name="disturbed.land" type="string" required="no" multiple="no">
 <description>
Input map or value: percent of disturbed land, for USLE
 </description>
<gisprompt age="old" element="cell" prompt="raster" />
 <guisection>
Input_options
</guisection>
 </parameter>
<parameter name="blocking" type="string" required="no" multiple="no">
 <description>
Input map: terrain blocking overland surface flow, for USLE
 </description>
<keydesc>
<item order="1">name</item>
 </keydesc>
<gisprompt age="old" element="cell" prompt="raster" />
 <guisection>
Input_options
</guisection>
 </parameter>
<parameter name="accumulation" type="string" required="no" multiple="no">
 <description>
Output map: number of cells that drain through each cell
 </description>
<keydesc>
<item order="1">name</item>
 </keydesc>
<gisprompt age="new" element="cell" prompt="raster" />
 <guisection>
Output_options
</guisection>
 </parameter>
<parameter name="drainage" type="string" required="no" multiple="no">
 <description>
Output map: drainage direction
</description>
 <keydesc>
<item order="1">name</item>
</keydesc>
 <gisprompt age="new" element="cell" prompt="raster" />
<guisection>
 Output_options
</guisection>
</parameter>
 <parameter name="basin" type="string" required="no" multiple="no">
<description>
 Output map: unique label for each watershed basin
</description>
 <keydesc>
<item order="1">name</item>
</keydesc>
 <gisprompt age="new" element="cell" prompt="raster" />
<guisection>
 Output_options
</guisection>
</parameter>
 <parameter name="stream" type="string" required="no" multiple="no">
<description>
 Output map: stream segments
</description>
<keydesc>
 <item order="1">name</item>
</keydesc>
<gisprompt age="new" element="cell" prompt="raster" />
 <guisection>
Output_options
</guisection>
 </parameter>
<parameter name="half.basin" type="string" required="no" multiple="no">
 <description>
Output map: each half-basin is given a unique value
 </description>
<keydesc>
<item order="1">name</item>
 </keydesc>
<gisprompt age="new" element="cell" prompt="raster" />
 <guisection>
Output_options
</guisection>
 </parameter>
<parameter name="visual" type="string" required="no" multiple="no">
 <description>
Output map: useful for visual display of results
</description>
 <keydesc>
<item order="1">name</item>
</keydesc>
 <gisprompt age="new" element="cell" prompt="raster" />
<guisection>
 Output_options
</guisection>
</parameter>
 <parameter name="length.slope" type="string" required="no" multiple="no">
<description>
 Output map: slope length and steepness (LS) factor for USLE
</description>
 <keydesc>
<item order="1">name</item>
</keydesc>
 <gisprompt age="new" element="cell" prompt="raster" />
<guisection>
 Output_options
</guisection>
</parameter>
 <parameter name="slope.steepness" type="string" required="no"
multiple="no">
<description>
 Output map: slope steepness (S) factor for USLE
</description>
<keydesc>
 <item order="1">name</item>
</keydesc>
<gisprompt age="new" element="cell" prompt="raster" />
 <guisection>
Output_options
</guisection>
 </parameter>
<parameter name="threshold" type="integer" required="no" multiple="no">
 <description>
Input value: minimum size of exterior watershed basin
 </description>
<guisection>
Input_options
 </guisection>
</parameter>
<parameter name="max.slope.length" type="float" required="no" multiple="no">
 <description>
Input value: maximum length of surface flow, for USLE
 </description>
<guisection>
Input_options
 </guisection>
</parameter>
<parameter name="convergence" type="integer" required="no" multiple="no">
 <label>
Convergence factor for MFD (1-10)
</label>
 <description>
1 = most diverging flow, 10 = most converging flow. Recommended: 5
 </description>
<default>
5
 </default>
</parameter>
<parameter name="memory" type="integer" required="no" multiple="no">
 <description>
Maximum memory to be used with -m flag (in MB)
</description>
 <default>
300
</default>
 </parameter>
<flag name="f">
<label>
 Enable MFD flow (default is SFD (D8))
</label>
<description>
 SFD: single flow direction, MFD: multiple flow direction
</description>
 </flag>
<flag name="4">
<description>
 Allow only horizontal and vertical flow of water
</description>
</flag>
 <flag name="m">
<label>
Enable disk swap memory option: Operation is slow
 </label>
<description>
Only needed if memory requirements exceed available RAM; see manual on how
to calculate memory requirements
 </description>
</flag>
<flag name="a">
 <label>
Use positive flow accumulation even for likely underestimates
 </label>
<description>
See manual for a detailed description of flow accumulation output
 </description>
</flag>
<flag name="overwrite">
 <description>
Allow output files to overwrite existing files
</description>
 </flag>
<flag name="verbose">
<description>