[GRASS-dev] Vect_*_fatal_error()

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Nov 17 22:56:15 EST 2011

IMHO, having the digitizer and 3D in the same display as the 2D display is an elegant way to view the same spatial data in different ways while saving screen real estate. Regularly, when I show this, people are impressed about GRASS's usability from the GUI and command line, and generally want to download and start using it. Being one of the masses that don't understand C more than a very simple level, I have been following this discussion but not in depth with respect to C calls. From the perspective of the Python side of the code, it seems to me that there should be a way of calling both the digitizer and 3D display code as a separate process while still keeping the integrated visual and functional design of the interface.

Beginning in January, I'll be on sabbatical and working actively on modeling and integrating GRASS into climate and surface process models. I'll have more time to help on any rewrite task that makes these tools more robust while maintaining a highly useable interface.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)