[GRASS-dev] visualize GRASS vector/raster on web

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:27:02 EST 2011

2011/11/29 Mohammed Rashad <mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com>:

> Whats wrong if we can do everything under one umbrella webGRASS???

nothing, but I'd prefer to use standard, for simplify the work mine and users.
I remember in Prague there was a Polish guy (sorry but I don't
remember the name) that show me a proof of wps service in geoserver to
work with all the GRASS module and after show the data in OL.

> current way to use GRASS on web is to
> use GRASS(analysis) + pyWPS(processing) + OL(rendering)
>
> But remember we cant do all type of analysis using pyWPS (correct me if I am
> wrong)... :)

not only:
- php
- zoo
- ( geoserver, 52° North I never try them but using sextante you can
work with grass)

Obviously you are free to develop this application, but I'm not sure
that this is the best solution

--
cheers
Luca