[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-SVN] r49437 - grass/trunk/gui/wxpython

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 17:11:13 EST 2011

Hi,

2011/11/30 Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:
>> hm, the problem is that `--with-wxwidgets` should control only if
>> modules which uses wxWidgets library are compiled or not. Than we
>> would probably need a new switch which would optionally disable
>> installing wxGUI code, eg. `--disable-wxgui`.
>
> Apparently I don't understand the difference :)
> Compiling with --without-wxwidgets I thought would be the way to
> get only a "core GRASS" version without GUI.

no, it's not purpose of `--with(out)-widgets` switch. It was
introduced to control compilation of modules which are linked against
wxWidgets library, eg. `wximgview`. In other words, with
`--without-wxwidgets` you should get GRASS without modules which are
using wxWidgets library directly. It's not the case of wxGUI. Probably
we should think about introducing a new configure switch for disabling
wxGUI.

Martin