[GRASS-dev] New histogramming tool for GRASS 7

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Thu Sep 22 01:25:05 EDT 2011

Something that I've thought about for quite awhile but only now managed to get around to doing. I have added a new histogramming tool to GRASS 7, based on PyPlot like the profiling tool. It will histogram a single raster map or all the maps in an imagery group. It gives user control over colors and line styles, axes, legends, fonts, and grid.

It is available from the analysis toolbar button on the display canvas as "Create histogram with PyPlot" for now. I've left in the old tool that displays d.hist in a window. It should be especially useful for image analysis.

Give it a try and let me know if you hit any bugs.

Cheers
Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)